Youth Program Location:
All events will be held at the Brown County Reforestation Camp or Neshota Park (http://www.co.brown.wi.us).
- Reforestation Camp Address: 4418 Reforestation Road, Green Bay WI 54313
- Neshota Park Address: Park Road, 5757 Park Entrance Rd, Denmark, WI 54208
Youth Membership Fees:
- Membership is $50 per skier. Includes Bay Nordic hats for all first year members!
- Intro to Racing Program is an additional $75 per skier.
Note: Membership does not include trail fees administered by the Brown County Parks Department. However, Kids 12 & Under do not require a trail pass. Adult (parent skiers) are required to purchase daily or annual trail passes if skiing with participants.
Scholarships are available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information. Families who have three or more skiers qualify for a family discount. Use the discount code: BNFAMILY3 during registration checkout to receive a 15% discount.
Equipment rental is only available to members and for the entire ski season. We do not rent out equipment for daily usage, to non-members or to adults.
EQUIPMENT RENTAL PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO MEMBERS AS THEY REGISTER. WE HAVE A FINITE NUMBER OF SKI PACKAGES AND SIZES. WE WILL PROVIDE NOTIFICATION ON OUR WEBSITE ONCE ALL EQUIPMENT IS GONE OR NOTIFY YOU IF WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE CORRECT SIZE.
The club offers both “Classic” and “Skate” ski packages to members for rental. The rental packages include skis, boots, and poles and are the top quality equipment available for kids. “Classic” skis are waxless design (grip wax is not applied to the kick zone) and built to provide easy kick and glide. All beginner skiers should be in the classic package. The “Skate” package is for older, experienced kids who prefer the skate technique.
Seasonal Rental Fee
- Classic Package $75 plus $30 refundable deposit ($105 total).
- Skate Package $75 plus $30 refundable deposit ($105 total).
Equipment Pick-Up & Drop off
see the schedule for details above
Coaching and Volunteers -We Need Your Time & Talent
All levels of Volunteers (no requirement for skiing experience) and Coaches are needed. This program cannot operate without all the support from the volunteers. We will need help with putting on equipment, bathroom breaks, warming hut chaperone, refreshments, etc. Building a supporting coaching program is key to sustaining the program for the future. Please consider coaching….each group includes one Head Coach and 2-3 Assistants. No experience is needed to begin as an assistant coach. All coaches, assistants and floaters will be required to have a background check which will be paid for and provided by Bay Nordic.
- Head Coaches: Set curriculum and direct organization of groups at beginning. Communicate to Assistants. Suggested curriculum and coaching videos are provided to coaches.
- Assistant Head Coaches: Serve as head coach after group split.
- Assistants: Stay with groups and help out as needed. Assist head coaches in curriculum. Encourage kids.
- Floaters: Help out where needed! Pick up slower kids, bring kids to groups, warm hands, and help with equipment, bring kids back, etc.
Weather, Snow Conditions, and Cancellation Policy:
We will be following the general guidelines below when deciding whether to cancel due to cold weather. Ultimately it is up to the parents.
- <0 deg F pure temperature or with the wind chill we will cancel.
- 0 to 10 deg F, we will limit the session to approximately 1 hour (maybe shorter for the little ones depending on how they respond). We will keep the kids close to the lodge and have “floaters” take kids back to the lodge if needed.
- Road Conditions: sessions and practices will be cancelled if our coaches and leaders feel travel is unsafe.
Sessions will also be cancelled if Brown County has closed the trails due to lack of snow. The December event will be either on snow or “dryland” depending on conditions.
Makeup dates are not scheduled in the event of cancellation.
Cookie/Hot Chocolate (Refreshments)
Cookies, hot chocolate or refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of each session. It is the option of participants to partake in this portion of each session, but is a great motivator for most kids and very nice way to meet other Bay Nordic skiers and families.
The pot luck is scheduled for February 10, 2024. Bay Nordic supplies meat (burgers/hot dogs and buns). There will be a sign up to bring dishes to share. Additional requests for volunteer help with grilling and organizing food will be requested closer to the event.
The race event is scheduled during the last session of the season. This event is available for all Bay Nordic Youth skiers. The race length is tailored for each skill/age group. All participating skiers are awarded a finishing metal. This is a nontimed event for all skiers, but a great way to showcase some friendly competition and overall improvement throughout the season. Families are encouraged to come and cheer skiers start and finish or throughout the race course if they are on skis.
- Program Director – Natasha Gwidt (email@example.com)
- Youth Head Coaches – Nathan Jackson and Heidi Jackson
- IRP Coach – Brian Knapp