The BN Jr. Team is inclusive to skiers in the Northeast Wisconsin area. The team supports skiers at all levels, including those new to the sport. We can help with equipment and we provide coaching and regular practices during and fall and winter months plus attending state, regional, and national competitions throughout the season. We have an awesome group of fun and hard working kids and families!
Come check us out!
- 2021-2022 INFORMATION COMING SOON!
- REGISTRATION, FORMS, FEES online– link to come soon!
- If you are a new-to-the-team MS or HS skier, please also email the respective Head Coach below
- SEASON PRACTICE schedule starts early October
- See sample schedule below, subject to change based on Covid-19
About the Team
Students and athletes from any school district are welcome to join the Bay Nordic’s Junior Team. Our team welcomes and supports all athletes with or without experience in Nordic skiing. Team members are given an opportunity to set goals for their level of participation, whether it’s to develop a lifelong healthy lifestyle, state-level racing, or pursue junior competition at the highest level.
The Junior Team is composed of two teams:
- Middle School (MS) Team – The team is open to grades 5th through 8th .
- Families of 5th grade athletes need to discuss with head coach before signing up.
- High School (HS) Team – Includes grades 9th through 12th.
Both programs start in October when the team begins “dry land” practices 3 to 5 days a week and transition to snow in December. Fall sport athletes join following their school season.
Coaching Staff & Contact Info
HS Head Coach – Jasmine Wiley- firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Head Coach – Dave Hess – email@example.com
HS Team Managers –Sara Beno-Chambers – firstname.lastname@example.org
MS Team Manager- Trisha Spice- email@example.com
Assistant Coaches & Practice Leaders – Volunteer assistant coaches support the MS and HS Program! Each practice include multiples coaches that bring a wide range of Nordic skiing talent; including Collegiate Alumni, Master Racers, and fitness gurus!
Coach Development – Philip Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram @baynordicjrteam
TENTATIVE/PROJECTED 2021-2022 Junior Team Schedule
***Disclaimer that any projected schedule is subject to change based on Covid-19 circumstances. Adjustments will be made to follow public health group size limits and other recommendations to minimize risk associated with and limit spread of Covid-19 to the best of our abilities.
- Early October- Registration opens, Official start of fall practice for all skiers. Dry land training sessions until snow flies. Athletes join as fall sports end.
- End of October– fall program 2021-2022 season registration closes
- November 2021: Packer game clean up fundraiser (if in person fans allowed; volunteers needed)
- December 1st or soon after– Equipment move in to the Pines building (volunteers needed)
- Early December weekend – “Find Snow” Weekend. Dedicated weekend to getting on snow somewhere. TBD.
- Early December 2021 – Racing season starts! SEE RACE SCHEDULE FOR EVENTS
- December 2021 through March 2022 – On-snow skiing, training and weekend races or practices per schedule.
- End of February 2022– “Official” practices end. Optional fun skis until snow is gone in March.
- Spring/Summer/Fall Practices, Camps, and Coaching available to those interested.
Typical FALL practice schedule, locations will vary & be communicated:
- Monday –
- MS – 4:30 pm Rollerski/Run, Agility, & Strength
- HS – 4:30 pm Strength training (Covid-era options included BODE in person at parental discretion, BODE online replay sessions, independent strength sessions, alternate plans TBD)
- Tuesday (All Athletes) – 4:30 pm Hill Bounding/Running
- Wednesday –
- MS OFF
- HS/U16 Junior Cup – WORKOUT ON OWN
- Thursday (All Athletes)– 4:30 pm Roller Ski or Run
- “Ski School” instruction for new skiers
- Friday – Off
- Saturday –
- HS; 7:00am Roller Ski/Run. 9am Team Strength (TBD)
- MS; 8:30 am Roller Ski/Run & Strength
- Sunday (attendance limited) – 10am (sometimes variable). “Over distance (OD)” workout
- U20, U18 & U16 Skiers – Must have strong fitness base, experience, & able to sustain long workout with group. Consistent attendance to stay with progression.
- Monday –
Typical WINTER practice schedule:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – 4:30 pm ski at Reforestation Camp
- Thursday or Friday Night Wax Prep preceding race weekends- PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Saturday & Sunday Race Weekends