- Click on our Junior Handbook 2017-18 for complete information on our Junior Team including What to Expect, Team Member Expectations, Practice & Training Information, and Race Information.
- REGISTRATION FORMS. Please complete the following forms and mail forms with payment to Sara Beno-Chambers (address on forms):
Coaching Staff & Contact Info
Program Coordinator/Coach – Noel Versch; email@example.com
Team Managers – Sara Beno-Chambers; firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coaches & Practice Leaders – Volunteer assistant coaches support the MS and HS Program! Each practice include multiples coaches that bring a wide range of Nordic skiing talent; including Collegiate Alumni, Master Racers, and fitness gurus!
Follow us on Instagram @baynordicjrteam
About the Team
Students and athletes from any Northeast Wisconsin school district are welcome to join the Bay Nordic’s Junior Team. Our team welcomes and supports all athletes with or without experience in Nordic skiing. Team members are given an opportunity to set goals for their level of participation, whether it’s to develop a lifelong healthy lifestyle, state-level racing, or pursue junior competition at the highest level.
The Junior Team is composed of two teams:
- High School (HS) Team – Includes grades 9th through 12th.
- Middle School (MS) Team – Open to grades 5th through 8th.
Both programs begin mid-October when the team begins “dryland” practices 3 to 5 days a week and transition to snow in December (Fall sport athletes join us at the end of their season!)
Athletes are able to set goals and progress through three different areas of focus & training programs within the team:
- Sport (Fitness Level & Beginning Skiers) – Introduction to skiing and skiing as a lifestyle. Emphasis is on learning to ski and developing functional ski fitness.
- Competition (State-Level Race Team) – Represent Bay Nordic in MS/HS level races throughout the State and participate in WI State Championships.
- JNQ Team – Top-level age group racing with goal of qualifying for Junior Nationals in March.
2017-2018 Junior Team Schedule
- October 2nd to November 4th, 2017 – Open Registration.
- October 10, 2017 – Official Start of Fall Practice. Athletes join as Fall sports end.
- December 2017 through February 2018 – On-snow skiing, training and weekend races or practices per schedule.
- End of February 2018 – “Official” practices end. Optional funs skis until snow is gone.
- Spring/Summer/Fall Training Camps and Plans available to those interested.