REGISTRATION FOR THE TEAM IS OPEN UNTIL NOVEMBER 4TH! IF YOU MISSED THE KICK-OFF MEETING PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT OUR COACHES OR TEAM MANAGERS. WE ARE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE!
The BN Jr. Team is inclusive to skiers in the Northeast Wisconsin area. The team supports skiers at all levels, including those new to the sport. We can help with equipment and we provide coaching and regular practices during and fall and winter months plus attending state, regional, and national competitions throughout the season. We have an awesome group of fun and hard working kids and families!
Come check us out!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy Junior Team Handbook 2019-20 for complete information including What to Expect, Team Member Expectations, Practice & Training Information, and Race Information.
- REGISTRATION FORMS. Please complete the following forms and mail forms with payment to Sara Beno-Chambers (address on forms):
Coaching Staff & Contact Info
HS Head Coach – Noel Versch – email@example.com
MS Co-Head Coaches – Dave Hess – Hess@Foth.com; Phil Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Managers –Sara Beno-Chambers – email@example.com; Julie Murphy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coaches & Practice Leaders – Volunteer assistant coaches support the MS and HS Program! Each practice include multiples coaches that bring a wide range of Nordic skiing talent; including Collegiate Alumni, Master Racers, and fitness gurus!
Follow us on Instagram @baynordicjrteam
About the Team
Students and athletes from any school district are welcome to join the Bay Nordic’s Junior Team. Our team welcomes and supports all athletes with or without experience in Nordic skiing. Team members are given an opportunity to set goals for their level of participation, whether it’s to develop a lifelong healthy lifestyle, state-level racing, or pursue junior competition at the highest level.
The Junior Team is composed of two teams:
- Middle School (MS) Team – The team is open to grades 5th through 8th .
- Families of 5th grade athletes need to discuss with head coach before signing up.
- High School (HS) Team – Includes grades 9th through 12th.
Both programs start in October when the team begins “dryland” practices 3 to 5 days a week and transition to snow in December. Fall sport athletes join following their school season.